Forum Hautkrankheiten / Dermatologie
Hautkrankheiten wie Schuppen (seborrhoisches Ekzem), Psoriasis, Akne, Neurodermitis, Herpes, Warzen ... und vieles mehr

Andere Gesundheitsseiten:
Startseite » Sonstiges » Off topic » Patrick Mahomes film review: something improved and something that needs improvement (Sammy Watkins Jersey)
Patrick Mahomes film review: something improved and something that needs improvement [Beitrag #2239] Thu, 25 October 2018 07:40
linchao ist gerade offline  linchao
This is part three of a three-part weekly film analysis on the performance of Patrick Mahomes.Part one here Sammy Watkins Jersey , part two here.Something improvedThe reason Patrick Mahomes wasn't drafted earlier than 10th was because of the rawness of his game. He was going to have to re-train and learn both basic and advanced elements of the quarterback position to give him the best chance to succeed. Sometimes, we take for granted how far he come since his time at Texas Tech. In college, he played with a lack of technical discipline in some areas of his game. There are specific mechanics for how quarterbacks throw screen passes. They're inviting the pressure. Offensive linemen are allowing rushers into the backfield after a count or two and working downfield to block for the recipient of the screen pass. If you've seen good defensive linemen sniff out they can identify screens because they got free to quickly. That's why quarterbacks need to invite the free rushers. I was taught to hitch into the pressure before falling away before contact. Continuing to sell the drop back as long as possible. Mahomes drops back and stares away from the throw, inviting pressure and being patient in delivering the ball. It was a small detail, but these are the kinds of subtleties that not every college quarterback comes in with. It's a credit to Mahomes that we dismiss the rapid growth and progression he's shown so easily. It took a ton of work and all the little details in his game should be appreciated.Needs improvementSo much good is happening with Mahomes early in his career, but it has not been perfect. This week showed a larger sample of warts than he's had to this point.I've been writing since the preseason that Mahomes has some inconsistencies when he's forced to work from the pocket. When he makes the right decision and can deliver the ball on time, he's been fantastic. However, when variables get added after the snap (his read is covered, has to step up, has to make a subtle adjustment in the pocket) and Mahomes can't scramble out of the pocket, he struggles to process those variables and gets inconsistent.There are three plays in that clip above showing distinct issues in the pocket:Play one: Mahomes wanted to hit Tyreek Hill but he was covered, so he worked to the other side of the field where he had opportunities to hit Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins but showed indecision when forced to process the rest of the play from the pocket.Play two: Mahomes wants to throw to the field side. He pulls up and is forced to work back to the boundary, moving up into the pocket and delivering an inaccurate throw at the feet of a receiver. Things got off schedule, he wasn't able to bail out of the back of pocket.Play three: Mahomes instincts are to scramble out the back of the pocket. It's what he wants to do. He wants to turn plays into a scramble drill when things aren't out of rhythm. He wasted a perfect opportunity to step up into the pocket and possibly run for yards in the middle of the field. Instead, Mahomes forces an escape wide. There are inconsistencies in the comfort, decision making and process he's using when he has to negotiate when things are out of rhythm. It's normal, especially for a guy working in some unfamiliar space. He's fighting old habits, developing new ones and can get overwhelmed at times when he has to lean on new habits. He's more mortal when something goes off schedule and he's forced to work from the pocket instead of trailing to bail out of it. A few of the hits he's taken have been as a result of variables he wasn't expecting being thrown at him.Aaron Rodgers is exceptional from the pocket. He hangs in there and tries to work through structure as long as he can, and he tries to win between the tackles. He's space efficient and comfortable in those moments and is able to deliver big plays within it. He's an assassin. That's where Mahomes can take his game to another level. We know he can scramble and make a play, and he's been excellent when he's in rhythm.The good news is that Mahomes is shattering records while he grows. He also has yet to turn the ball over as a result of it. He'll continue to develop. He's just getting started. Andy Reid and the weapons at his disposal make it difficult for things to go wrong, and he can grow in the midst of winning. He is far from perfect, and some of these issues might result in a loss, but you should be absolutely ecstatic about where he's at. The kid is real, and he's got a chance to be the best quarterback in the history of the franchise. Nothing I've seen to this point says otherwise.Chiefs' Andy Reid roundup: cornerback situation, safety Ron Parker's return and more Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid opened up the regular season on Monday (Labor Day) with his first press conference, as the Chiefs prepare to take on the Los Angeles Chargers next Sunday at 3:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time.Let's round up the big takeaways from Reid.Reid is OK with the Chiefs beginning the season with an especially young cornerback room.Tremon Smith is one of five Chiefs cornerbacks.Denny Medley-USA TODAY SportsThe Chiefs are going with Kendall Fuller (23), Steve Nelson (25), Orlando Scandrick (31), Tremon Smith (22) and Charvarius Ward (22) in the cornerback room to start the season. Take out the elder statesman in Scandrick and that is a median age of 23. "We do have a couple new, younger guys," Reid said. "I do like them. I like what I saw from them with the addition of Tremon Smith Authentic nthony Hitchens Jersey , [it's] a good, young nucleus with that group. Again, a lot of confidence in Al (Harris) and Emmitt (Thomas) to give them an opportunity to grow. I'm good with the whole cornerback situation."I like what we've got there."Reid acknowledged during the presser that in today's NFL, defenses have three cornerbacks on the field "73-plus percent" of the time, and at least for now, that means Fuller, Nelson and Scandrick for the Chiefs.After calling starting safety Eric Berry day to day (more on that here), Reid detailed the thought process of bringing Ron Parker back after a quick stint with the Atlanta Falcons.Ron Parker will probably start, whether the Chiefs like it or not.Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty ImagesRon Parker played with the Chiefs from 2013-17 but was cut this past offseason due to his contract number. He's back in Kansas City after it didn't work out in Atlanta.Pro Football Focus rated Parker the No. 76 safety in the league last season."I thought Ron really actually had a good camp," Reid said. "You know, he had that high-ankle sprain last year with us and I thought it slowed him down a little bit. He powered through it because that's Ron. I thought that you could see that he wasn't as limited during the preseason (Remember, the Chiefs played in Atlanta) as he labored through that thing last year."He knows the system, the scheme--he can come in, he's a good communicator. We've got a lot of trust in him." I liked the Chiefs' move to bring in Parker, as they desperately need some veteran consistency at the safety position with Berry's status up in the air. Parker is familiar with Bob Sutton, and the Chiefs obviously think Sutton can get the most out of him.In a surprise move, especially for Reid, the Chiefs kept only two quarterbacks on their initial roster--Patrick Mahomes and Chad Henne.Reid and his QBs.Jason Getz-USA TODAY SportsReid is very much a routine guy, so it was a bit surprising to see him make the move to cut Matt McGloin on Sunday, keeping just two quarterbacks on the active roster. "We had some good, young players that we wanted to keep, and so we made a decision there," Reid said. "Brett (Veach) and I talked about it. It is a first time. First time for everything. We looked at the percentages--I think there is 17 or 18 teams somewhere, you could double-check, but there's something like that in there that are doing it and have done it, and so we thought we'd do that and see how it worked, but it was in order to keep some of the young guys."Cutting McGloin made room for offensive guard Ike Boettger, who the Chiefs claimed from the Buffalo Bills."I like [him], I know he's big. A big guy," Reid said of Boettger. "If you have the chance to meet him, you'll see what I'm saying. He's got huge hands on him and a big body. He was a two-time team captain. He's got good leadership. I know (Buffalo Bills offensive line coach) Juan Castillo well Youth Kendall Fuller Jersey , so I know he's been coached well."Boettger's addition makes 10 total offensive linemen on the Chiefs roster.Relax, Kent."We kind of like the guys that we got there," Reid said. "We've kept 10 before. You can't have enough of those guys, but again, everything in this thing is fluid, so I mean, right now, everybody's feeling everybody out and going, so I can't tell you what is there today is there tomorrow. I can't say that, but I like the guys that we have."I anticipate the Chiefs cutting one of the 10 offensive linemen after watching them during this week of practice--the Chiefs kept only two tight ends and will need a free roster spot when Demetrius Harris returns from his one-week suspension next Monday."We're OK with [two tight ends]," Reid said. "We kept an extra runner, too, than we normally do. We're with Demetrius in this situation that he's got. When he comes back next week, we'll have our three and feel pretty good with that. Right now, we're good enough to get through a game, I think."The extra runner the Chiefs kept was Darrel Williams, who they have under club control until 2022.There's a new No. 31 on the Chiefs.Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports23-year-old Darrel Williams joins the Chiefs' five-man running back room, also made up of Kareem Hunt, Spencer Ware, Damien Williams and Anthony Sherman.Similar to two quarterbacks being low for Reid, four running backs plus Sherman is high."He's one of those guys who came up through and showed us that he can play at this level and be a good running back," Reid said. "He's got room to grow. He's a tough runner--a little bit in Ware's mode in that he's strong in the core, he's got good hands. He's smart. Those are things you think you know but until you get him here and see, it's not for sure."We tell them to make our decision as tough as they possibly can make it, and he did that, so when Brett was sorting everything out, that was something he had to think about because we normally don't keep that many backs. He deserves to be there and that's how he went about making that decision."I am a big supporter of the move to keep Darrel Williams, but I don't expect him to be active much in 2018 unless there is an injury. That being said, injuries happen to running backs all the time, so Darrel Williams will be expected to prepare like a starter should that happen.

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
Vorheriges Thema: Possible solutions for the Los Angeles Rams until K Greg Zuerlein returns
Nächstes Thema: NFC North Rundown , Week 3: Surprising results add mystery to the divisional chase
Gehe zum Forum:

aktuelle Zeit: Fri Mar 29 07:29:51 CET 2024

Insgesamt benötigte Zeit, um die Seite zu erzeugen: 0.01163 Sekunden